What is the SWATCH Network?
This is a networking program aimed to connect students in my knitwear design program the SWATCH Studio Circle with the support and connections they need.
(If you provide services such as tech editing, graphic designer, etc., click here for the application form).
Note: if you are seeking to collaborate with me, please note that I am not currently taking applications at this time.The purpose of the program is to:
1) Help beginner designers and yarn dyers connect and collaborate.
2) Alleviate apprehension and nervousness by acting as the middle-person and doing the small talk. Networking can be really scary for many people, but it’s REALLY important for business growth and confidence!
3) Support up-and-coming indie fibre businesses by providing them with a network of contacts.How It Works:
1) When one of my SSC students needs yarn support for one of their upcoming designs, they will fill out a Call for Yarn Support Application form. This form will include information on the type of design they’re working on, the colors and base they have in mind, numbers of skeins needed and a bit about themselves and their brand mission and values.
2) We will take the application form and put it up into a newsletter and send it to you.3) If the project sounds interesting and you find that your brands are a good match, you will fill out on Yarn Proposal Submission Form. Dyers will have about a week to make their proposals. Depending on the request, Aroha Knits will offer to purchase the yarn needed at a wholesale rate for the student.4) We will take the proposal(s) and send them to the designer. The designer will select who they will choose to work with, and we will help set up the first contact! Designers submitting their call for yarn support understand that it’s not about receiving "free yarn" and that both parties are to benefit from the collaboration and cross-promotion. Communication and professionalism are essential.We are hoping that through this program that even with dyers that weren’t selected for the initial application, the designer has names in their network to stay in touch with and reach out to for future projects.Who is Eligible?Do you sell yarn? You’re eligible. I really want to stress that you don’t need to have a certain number of followers, or have a perfect Instagram profile, or have a functioning website to be qualified to send in your proposal. As the SWATCH Studio Circle head coach, I will be more than happy to provide guidance and support to both parties to ensure the collaboration goes smoothly.If you have any questions or feedback send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.